LIONSHEART STUDIOS PTY LTD (ACN: 169 410 459)
Your privacy is important to us.
A copy of the Act is available at: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2014C00076.
In this policy:
- the website located at www.playconomics.com is referred to as the Site
- LionsHeart Studios Pty Ltd (ACN: 169 410 459) is referred to as we, our, us
- you, as a user of the Site (whether a Student or an Educator), are referred to as you and your
- the interactive Playconomics product available through the Site is referred to as the Game
- a Student is a person who (i) is enrolled in an Education Organisation and (ii) participates in a course for which an Educator has adopted the Game
- an Educator is a person who (i) is a member of the staff of, or an affiliated member of staff of an Education Organisation and (ii) is teaching a course for which they have required their Students to purchase the Game
- an Education Organisation includes a (i) provider of secondary education or (ii) provider of tertiary education and (iii) research institute.
Under the Act, personal information is information about an individual by which that individual’s identity can be reasonably ascertained.
We operate the Site.
Through the Site we give access to those who are participating in the Game, either as a Student or an Educator.
By opening an account, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
If you provide us with your personal information, you consent to our collection, use and storage of that information in accordance with this policy.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when:
- you set up an account on the Site (which you will do either as an Educator or as a Student)
- you purchase the Game (which you will do as a Student)
- you access and use the Game (which you will do either as an Educator or as a Student)
- you contact us with a question or feedback about the Game or the Site
- we request, and your Educator agrees, to provide us with your course and course-related data (including academic results) and some demographics at the conclusion of the semester or year in which you used the Game.
When you visit the Site, or log-in to third party sites from the Site, we will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser.
You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools. Please be aware that, if you reject the cookie, you will not be able to use our web-based services.
What information do we collect?
We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you set up an account on the Site and when you purchase the Game through the Site.
Some of this information will be personal information for the purposes of the Act.
If you are an Educator, the minimum personal information that we collect when you set up an account on the Site is your name, the name of your Education Organisation and your contact details at that Education Organisation.
If you are a Student, the minimum personal information that we collect when you set up an account on the Site is your name, student identification number, name of your Education Organisation and your contact details at that Education Organisation.
If you purchase the Game we also collect certain financial information (such as your credit/debit card information).
While you are using the Game, we will collect Game usage data and also technical data on your computer specifications to optimise Game delivery.
Please note that we only ask for a student identification number when an Educator has instructed us to do so and we are satisfied that it is required to enable your Educator to determine a Student’s Game progression.
At the conclusion of the course in which you participate and for which you use the Game we may, with the permission of your Educator, collect data on your course experience and progression, including on your academic performance (i.e., marks) for each assessment task and your final exam result and limited demographics.
In this case, we may link your course and course-related data with your Game data and perform statistical analysis for academic research purposes. All data will be de-identified so that it will not be possible to identify you in any research analysis we conduct.
You can provide to us additional information (age, gender, international status and enrolment year) when you set up an account on the Site. This information can be removed or amended at any time.
How we protect information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction. We will retain the information for a reasonable amount of time after your account expires.
In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Site and the Game, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your personal information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
For what purposes do we use information?
We use the information that we collect about you to
- complete your purchase of the Game
- provide access to the Game and to the Site
- provide support related to any Game or Site aspects
- improve the user experience
- facilitate quick retrieval of relevant information
- improve and adapt the content we deliver to you
- provide course announcements
- alert you to updated information on the Site
- investigate problems, resolve disputes or enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use
- conduct academic research.
Please note that you are not able to unsubscribe from course announcements, which contain important information about the course, as set by your Educator.
We also use de-identified and aggregated information, collected from you, from other users of the Site and other participants in the Game and from your Educator, for academic research purposes and to improve the design of the Site and the Game.
This is information which does not personally or specifically identify you or any other person but is derived from your use of the Site and the Game. For example, we may tell a researcher that a particular number of individuals completed the Game, but we would not disclose any information that could be used to identify those individuals.
For what purposes do we NOT use information?
We will not
- sell your personal information, such as name, contact details (email or street address) to third parties
- use your contact details (email or street address) to send you marketing materials.
When do we give information to third parties?
If you are a Student, we will provide personal information to your Educator, upon request, to enable them to administer your participation in the Game. For example, the Educator may require the information for the purpose of assessing Game progression or notifying Students about issues arising during the course.
If a Student has any further questions about their Educator’s use of personal information, the Educator should be contacted directly.
We will also make the information we collect from you available to third parties
- to the extent necessary to complete your purchase of the Game
- where it is necessary for your participation in the Game
- as reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site available to you
- for the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law
- as reasonably necessary in order to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, participants in the Game or the public
- as necessary to assert our rights.
The hosting of the Site and of the information collected through the Site and the Game is outsourced to Amazon Web Services Inc (Amazon) an operator of a data centre located in the U.S.
Amazon was selected by us on the basis that it deploys high grade security safeguards and full UPS power back-up generator systems. For more information please visit: http://d36cz9buwru1tt.cloudfront.net/pdf/AWS_Security_Whitepaper.pdf.
Amazon is not an Australian entity and is not regulated by the Act. The Australian Privacy Principles in the Act do not apply. By accepting our Terms and Conditions as stated on the Site, you also consent to the disclosure of your personal information to Amazon as a recipient outside Australia, in the knowledge that if Amazon engages in any act or practice that contravenes the APPs it would not be accountable under the Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
Updating your information
You may access and update or correct the information we hold in respect of your account whenever you choose to do so.
Your right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent for our use of your personal information at any time by emailing email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent for our use of your personal information to make the Game and Site available to you, we might be unable to continue maintaining them operational for your use.
How to Contact Us
You may want to contact us about the personal information we hold about you (including to correct any information) or to ask a question about our Policy or to make a complaint related to a breach by us of the Act.
You may do so by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at Playconomics @ School of Economics, UNSW Business School, UNSW Australia Kensington 2052 NSW Australia
- calling us by telephone on +61 2 9385 7480.
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Effective December 2014